30 Day No Dining-Out Challenge--Repackaging Warehouse Deals

It's here. Snowpocalypse has arrived, and honestly, it really is pretty bad. The husband is at work until 3 pm. To keep from stewing and fretting, I'm getting my Susie Homemaker on.

Yesterday we went to Sam's, and I got a great deal on shredded cheese for an absurdly low price. I bought five pounds of cheese for about $10. Typically, on a sale, I buy cheese for about $2 a bag. Each bag is typically 8 oz, which comes to $4 a pound.


However, a five pound bag of cheese is HUGE! And it's really not practical for day-to-day use. I typically use about two cups at a time, if I'm making a big family meal, so I measured out two cups and put them into date-labeled sandwich bags. Then I just put the bags into a gallon freezer bag that I also labeled, and now I'm all set!









I got 8 bags of mozzarella and about 14 bags of cheddar, The cheddar is much more finely shredded. I have a couple bags of each in the cheese drawer in the fridge, and the rest is in the freezer.

I guess now I should tackle the laundry. It's pretty much the bane of my existence.

Happy Snowpocalypse!


Comments

Popular Posts