Dinner tonight-Italian Breaded Tilapia

How many of you have picky eaters? I know I do. They get it from their father, because I'm the least picky person I know. This recipe makes everyone in the house happy. I developed this one myself.

Ingredients:

4-5 tilapia fillets
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a zipper top bag. (Quart size works fine.)

Pour Italian dressing in another zipper top bag.

Place tilapia, one piece at a time, into bag with Italian dressing. Cover entire piece of fish in dressing.

Place tilapia into bag with breadcrumbs and shake. Repeat with additional fillets. Mound any unused topping onto top of fish.

Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until fish is done and lightly browned.

We usually serve this with rice and green beans. Any green vegetable would be beautiful with this dish though.

Has anyone else noticed the price of tilapia is getting ridiculous? It's a "trendy" fish now, so the price has gone up. We initially started eating tilapia because it was so affordable. I wonder what the next "it" fish will be?

Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy summer!

Comments

  1. that sounds good! tilapia is about the only fish (other than fish sticks) I can get the kids to eat. I'll have to try this with them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts