Barbeque Chicken Pizza- This is the good stuff!

Last night we had the best dinner, and I want to pass the recipe along.  The boys had a friend over for dinner, so homemade pizza was on the menu! I made two pizzas last night, and neither of them lasted very long. I also used the pizza dough to make breadsticks. These are a family favorite. Sorry I didn't get pictures...the family descended like ravening wolves, and only crumbs were left!

Pizza Dough- for a thin crust pizza (I double this to make two pizzas and a pan of breadsticks.)

2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil

Put the warm water in a a bowl and mix in sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top and let the yeast proof for 10 minutes. It should be foamy and have a yeasty smell.

Mix in flour, salt, and oil. Knead dough for about 6 minutes, adding flour as needed. The dough should be fairly stiff.

Let dough rise for about 30 minutes.

Depending on your recipe for the pizza, you can either follow the recipe, or prebake this crust at 400 degrees F for about 12 minutes. This makes 2, 12 inch thin crust pizzas.

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

1 prebaked pizza crust
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded ( I poached mine. You can use more chicken if you like)
1/4 red onion, sliced into rings
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese (I used a little smoked provolone too)

Mix chicken and 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce together. Set aside.

On prebaked crust, spoon 1/2 cup barbeque sauce over top evenly.

Top with chicken. Top with onions. Cover with cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees F until cheese is melted and browned.


Breadsticks, Amanda style

1/3 pizza crust recipe (or dough for one pizza crust)
4 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt

In a baking pan with a rim (mine's about 9x13), smooth down dough to cover bottom and up sides.

Dot with margarine.

Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over top of dough and margarine.

Bake at 400 F until cooked through and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.

All together, the two pizzas and breadsticks took about an hour to make. Since it was a Saturday, it would have taken longer to have it delivered! This recipe is much lower in fat than commercial pizzas, and I know what ingredients were included. Hope you and your family enjoy pizza night soon!

Comments

  1. I'm glad I came over here to answer your question about the beanie cuz now I've got a new pizza recipe too!

    I have made this beanie larger simply by adding extra dcs in Round 1. For example 15 or 17 dcs. I added 17 to make one for my 12-year-old granddaughter and it fit her perfectly. So I'd say 15 would work for ages 4-8 and as is from 2-6.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts