Egg Salad Roll-ups (Low fat and low carb)

Today is a nasty, stormy day. It's cold, too. Since I definitely can't garden in this, I turned to one of my other loves: cooking. Since my waistline clearly reflects my love of cooking, I wanted to do something a bit lighter, but still filling and satisfying. I originally developed this recipe years ago, and it definitely meets the requirements.

Ingredients:

8 hard-boiled eggs
1 cup light mayonnaise
2-3 teaspoons of your favorite mustard (except honey mustard)
1/2 teaspoon- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons minced onion
1/4 cup minced green pepper
black pepper to taste
8 large leaves of either leaf or romaine lettuce (leaf lettuce is easier)

First, separate the eggs. You will keep four yolks and discard the rest. (I give mine to my dogs.)

Mix all the ingredients except the eggs and lettuce. Taste for seasoning.


Take your lettuce leaves and remove the spines, if using romaine.


Place about 1/4 cup of egg salad at the widest part of the leaf.


Roll leaf up to make a burrito-style egg salad wrap.



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts