Embroidery is fun!

I love to learn how to do new crafts. I've taught myself how to crochet, quilt, make simple cards, and most recently, embroider. Pinterest is a wonderful resource for learning new skills.

I've embroidered a few pieces, but this is the first one I've given to anyone. My sister in law, Liz, is a wonderful person. Her testimony is incredible, and she is one of the nicest people I know. Last weekend, we drove together through 10 inches of snow. When I say together, I mean I drove and she kept me from crying. It was a terrible drive, but I'm really glad she was with me!

Liz just moved into a new apartment, so I wanted to give her a thank you gift that she could also display if she wanted. She loves purple and butterflies, so I thought this was perfect for her!

I found the pattern on Pinterest. It was an image of a vintage embroidery pattern. I held the image and the fabric up to my sunniest window and traced it. The wings are made up of lazy daisy stitches.

The body is satin stitch, and the lines going out are chain stitch.

It's certainly not perfect, but it comes from the heart! I hope Liz loves it!

Comments

Popular Posts