Pizza, anyone?

Now, I know that I have blogged about pizza with you before. I must confess my deep abiding love for pizza. I like it so many different ways: garlic sauce, bbq sauce, pizza sauce, buffalo sauce...thick crust, thin crust, deep dish crust...veggie pizza, chicken pizza, pepperoni pizza, sausage pizza...well, you get the idea.

I've learned that pizza loves me too. Ours is a passionate love affair. In fact, pizza loves me so much, it decides to stick with me for months, even years! I'm very certain at least 30 of my pounds are pure pizza.

Since starting the lifestyle change, I've realized that I have to live like this forever. And I am not willing to give up pizza. It's not going to happen! Fortunately, ladypit at food.com has a great pizza crust recipe that really cuts down on calories and fat. Plus, my kids love it and can make it (almost) by themselves.

Without further ado:

Super Fast Low Fat Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

2 cups white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 (12 oz) beer (any variety, but light lowers the calories even more)

Mix all ingredients together. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Top and return to oven and bake until crust is browned and cheese is melted, about 5-10 more minutes.

Yep. That's it.

The original recipe makes 8 servings, but we spread it thin to make 16 servings on 2 pizza pans.

The nutritional breakdown is for 8 servings and is for the crust only:

Calories: 178
Fat: .6 grams
Carbs: 36 grams
Protein: 5.4 grams

Comments

Popular Posts