A blog post! A real, live blog post!

Hey fellow hippies,

I'm back! With a real blog post! I know I have a lot to make up for, so let me catch you up on the crazy life of Amanda. As you know, we moved to TN in June. By August, when school started up, I found myself overwhelmed, and unfortunately, Kind of a Hippie took a back seat. So, here's what's been accomplished since:

I graduated college. Yay! I have an Associate's Degree now. This was huge for me.

I started a business. I'm sewing dog clothes and pairing up with Kimberly Carnevale from Canine Ability Dog Training. She rocks, and I love pooling our talents together. She's also training my beast Maggie, and I could not be more grateful.

I started a healthy eating/exercise program. Since January 1, I've lost 17 lbs! Woohoo! I've got a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

The boys have caught up in school. The difference between Indiana schools and Tennessee schools is amazing. Jerimiah boy was almost a full year behind. He has worked so hard to get caught up!

My hubby started a new job. Training was 6 long weeks in Dallas, TX.

So we have been busy busy. I feel like I have a good handle on my life now, so it's back to blogging.

How about a recipe to welcome us back? This one is delicious, healthy, and a great way to sneak veggies into the kids or husbands.

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1-2 tablespoons water, as needed.

Instructions:

Mix pumpkin and cake mix together. Add water if needed to incorporate the cake mix. This will NOT look like regular cake batter. It's more like brownie batter, but it's pretty stiff.

Bake in a muffin tin at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Each muffin only has 148 calories. Pumpkin has a lot of Vitamin A too. You can also substitute a spice cake mix.

I think I should post a picture too. A week or so ago, my hubby and I went to Bledsoe Creek and hiked a combination of Owl Ridge and Lakeshore trails.


We walked down these stairs after a pretty steep climb up. It was a gorgeous day...the kind of day people move South for! We did this hike in the summer, and it almost killed us. We got a good workout this last time, but I didn't feel like I was going to die. That's a good feeling!

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts