Signs of Spring

I have proof that spring is on its way. Photographic evidence that the trials and tribulations of winter are almost over. Punxsutawney Phil just might be right! The link below is to a video of the little guy making my springtime dreams come true.

 


Granted, it's a picture taken from my terrible cell phone camera...but they are definitely daffodil and crocus stems. Oh yeah. It's happening. I'll be starting my peppers and tomatoes inside this week, along with my pansies and violets. Soon it will be time to till the garden. I'll have dirt under my nails. I'll have hives from all the things I'm allergic to but I love too much to give up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/punxsutawney-phil-predict_n_817345.html

On a note related to spring, have you read about the new predictions for 2050? If the population keeps growing, and our food habits don't change, a major shortage of food is expected! Wouldn't it be great if we all had backyard gardens? The only produce I buy in the summer is bananas and apples. I love going shopping in my backyard to decide what's for dinner. Even if you don't want to have a garden, support your local farmers. Eat locally, not globally when you can. Every bit helps, and if we start now, we can change the way our families eat dinner.

Comments

  1. we're getting ready to do our garden this year too. I have a compost bin full of nutrients ready to help grow all my goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts