Taste of Summer

As a Bzzagent, I get to try all kinds of cool stuff. One of my current campaigns was to taste test some of Kroger's Private Selection products. Part of the package included a coupon for free 100% Angus Ground Beef.

Well, it's summer. And it's ground beef. So, of course, I had to make some burgers! (My oldest son would cheerfully eat burgers for every meal, every day of his life. He's told me this. More than once.)

Amanda's Awesome Burgers (I know. But I couldn't think of anything better)

1.5-2 lbs of Private Selection 100% Angus Ground Beef
2 medium sweet onions
2 tablespoons A1 sauce
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 green pepper
4-6 large white mushrooms
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 hamburger buns


Prepare the patties

1. Cut one onion in half. Using a grater on the smallest setting, grate onion directly into a large bowl. (I love onion in my burgers, but I hate having chunks of onion fall out while I'm cooking. Plus, this way the kids don't know there are onions in them!)


2. Mix onions with A1 and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Add beef and mix thoroughly. Separate beef mixture into six equal patties. Set aside to rest while you prepare the veggies.


Prepare the Veggies

1. Cut the remaining onion in half. Slice all onions and separate into pieces.

2. Thinly slice the green pepper.

3. Thinly slice mushrooms.

4. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add peppers and onions. About five minutes later, add mushrooms. (In my house, mushrooms are added to a separate skillet, because we wouldn't want to contaminate the Hubby's food with fungus.)



Once the veggies have been cooking for a few minutes, start the burgers. I make mine in a skillet over medium heat. The veggies and burgers should be done around the same time.



About five minutes before the burgers will be done (I usually cook mine for about 15 minutes), butter both halves of the hamburger buns. Stick them, buttered side up, in the oven at 400 for five minutes or until toasty brown.


After everything is done, it's assembly time! We top ours with the sauteed veggies. My husband added A1; I added mayo. We also ate the rest of the veggies on the side.


We were really impressed with the quality of the beef we tried. The price was reasonable as well. Our Kroger had it packaged really conveniently, with lots of weight options. If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought of it!

Happy Summer!

Comments

Popular Posts