Fixing Breakfast

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Eggo as much as anyone. They're convenient, tasty, and a decent buy when they are on sale.

But I LOVE homemade waffles. This is the recipe I use, which is from www.food.com. I typically double it, since I freeze them for fast weekday breakfasts. I also substitute vegetable oil for the butter most of the time. I'm lazy. Whole wheat flour can be substituted for some or all of the flour.

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs (separated)
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter (melted)



Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into mixing bowl.
Beat egg yolks well and add milk, continue beating slowly adding the sifted flour mixture, beating until completely smooth.
Mix in melted butter.
Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter.
Cook in preheated waffle maker. I usually use 1/4 cup per side of my waffle maker.


About the "burned" parts: My youngest son likes his brown, so I accommodate him. I'm a good mom that way.


I felt it important to show my really cool retro 1980's plates. I love them.
These could not be any easier!
We top ours with strawberries and Cool Whip. Yep, I said it. Cool Whip! If you are a purist, you can use real whipped cream. I go to the effort to make homemade waffles. I'm not going all crazy with real whipped cream, ok? Be grateful!
Let me know how you like this recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts